Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mumbai makes me nostalgic

On one side all that I mentioned in my previous blog makes me sad. On the other side those same things make me nostalgic when I think about the days that I spent in Mumbai 3 years back (before I left for US). Those mid night walks on the roads of Borivali, the yummy road side pav bhaji near the station, the hot vada pavs at the chat wala, the tasty tea of the chai wala under the tree on Kulupwadi marg, the dosa wala at the gate of Raheja park, the window side shopping at Inorbit mall (ofcourse the actual reason was to gape at the beautiful girls who come there), those funny visits to band stand to stare at the couples making love, trying to guess what they are actually doing and hoping that some day we will also achieve the same (I mean to say that some day we will also get a girl friend) and ofcourse all those hindi movies which we never used to
miss.

Well, those days have gone now. Even though everyone says it is the most happening place in India, Mumbai has become dreary now. Life seems to be mundane these days. May be because I've become alone now. Everyone has moved on. And I am yet to find out where I am supposed to move, what is my next target, am I heading in the right direction. I just hope that some change would occur in my life too and would answers all these questions and make my life as enjoyable as it was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment