Sunday, August 16, 2009

Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown

What do I say about a book that has been the Number 1 New York Time's best sellers. I guess everyone who is reading this blog already know about this book. But still, let me share some of the things that I felt about this book.

I tried reading this book about 3 years back when one of my TCS-ILP mates told me that its a fantastic book. But back then I had an eerie feeling on such kind of heavy tomes. So after reading the first few pages I left it.

An year after that I opened the book again and gave it a shot. This time I read the first few chapters, not just pages. Though I found it quite interesting, for some reason I gave it up again.

Finally, the third time, I made it a point that I'll finish this book at any cost. And yes, I did it.
After finishing the book I understood that I made a big mistake the two times I left the book without finishing it.

OMG! this book is mind blowing. What an amazing writer Dan Brown is.

The idea of using a character called Robert Langdon and his profession as Symbologist (I haven't even heard about such a profession until I read this book) and the way Dan explains about every small thing in religions (especially about Christianity) through him is just superb.

Starting with a detailed description of the famous Louvre museum in Paris and continuing the same way to reveal the secret behind the smile of Monalisa, decoding the hidden secrets of Leonardo Da Vinci's paintings with an interesting way of using ancient mathematical logic like Fibonacci Series, the universal constant Phi and so on Dan Brown brought out the most thrilling and mystery story.

His facts about religion and the significance of various symbols of Christianity that reveal the secrets of the religion (not sure whether they are true or not) made the story more and more interesting.

Every single chapter in this book is just awesome.

I am quite eager to share more of my opinions on the subject of this book (Christianity)
but I guess I will take it in my next blog when I start reading this book again.

No comments:

Post a Comment